Andrew kills it at so many things. High-limit blackjack, first-person shooters, not having a day job, and being a movie critic. You could say he has a few backup plans. Andrew is back in Ohio for the moment, so the spots in Southern California have been getting a break from his killing spree, but I’m sure he’ll be back soon. Until then, check out his Contenders.
- So when are you coming back out to California?
- Hopefully soon. I found a ticket the other day for $200.
- For good or just to visit?
- To visit for like two weeks or so. I don’t have money to live there anymore.
- Bummer. You about to get your first job or just live trife?
- No job. I’m over a job. I’m just gonna suffer as long as I can ’til a job is necessary.
- Everybody knows you as being from Ohio, but you’ve always told me you were born in LA.
- When did you actually move to Ohio?
- I lived in California ’til sixth grade. Then I moved to Cincinnati, lived there ’til I was eighteen, and then went back out to California.
- Tell me a little bit about skating in Ohio? Can you skate year-round? All the spots looked pretty jacked.
- There’s so much good shit to skate out here. You can’t really skate outside from November ’til around March but that’s what planes are for, right? There’s a shit ton of spots, though. Just watch the Habitat video.
- What made you get out of Ohio at eighteen and move to Long Beach? Who were you staying with out there?
- I came out and stayed with my homies Jeff, Zack, and Trout in Long Beach. They told me I could stay with them for cheap so I got my shit and moved back a few weeks later. I just wanted to be back out there.
- Then why head to Denver? How did you get hurt out there?
- I just wanted to cruise around. It’s so legit out there. I got out there and broke my ankle within an hour of getting off the plane.
No job. I’m over a job. I’m just gonna suffer as long as I can ’til a job is necessary.
- Tell me about your most recent injury. I know it didn’t involve skating.
- Yeah, the second time I was at the homie’s who had just moved into a new house. So I passed out on his couch, woke up in the middle of the night, and had to piss. I thought I was at his old house, and the bathroom was in his room so I always just pissed off the balcony. So I went to go out what I thought was the door and walked out a two-story window.
- Didn’t you hang there for a while? Did you try and get help or just take the slam?
- I actually caught myself, hung there for a second, and looked between my legs to make sure there was nothing I could catch my feet on. I didn’t even think of yelling for someone. I just had to let go and try and take it to my feet. I was hanging on by my fingertips just suffering.
- So two-story drop to your feet and you were wearing socks. Where did it go from there?
- No shoes, just socks. I tried to stand up, because I thought I was fine and realized my left foot was fucked so I laid down, yelled fuck a few times, then crawled to the stairs, hopped up three flights, and got someone to take me to the UCLA hospital.
- You found out your foot was broken and decided to go back to Ohio for surgery and rehab. What all had to be done?
- My foot wasn’t broken. I just broke all of my toes in my left foot, shattered three of them. Had to have fifteen stitches where my toes just exploded out the sides. Then I was on crutches for three months, physical therapy for a month, and then I could finally start skating again.
- I know this injury changed your plans a bit.
- Who are you riding for now and what are your plans as far as skating?
- I ride for Alien Workshop, C1RCA, RVCA and Pacific Drive. I mean, I’d like to move back sometime, but I don’t have the funds to do that right now so I’m just trying to get out there as much as I can and shoot some photos and stack footage.
I think Kasper already handled it years ago, too.